What If It Doesn't Work Out?

This week launches my second attempt to launch my media-based career through which I lampoon, parody and satirically make fun of how I, and other humans, interpret the world and go about seeking healing in my life.

After years of financial struggles, I no longer allow myself to dream. Odd, I know. Yet if you have taken a trip to Hell and back or perhaps several, you know what I am talking about. I have trouble at times looking on the bright side of life or seeing this as half-full or looking for the silver lining - enough with the cliche's - when it comes to seeing my dreams actually come true.

I am often heard saying, "get you head out of your ass and your ass off of the couch." Time for some of my own medicine.

I must learn how to allow stuff to just happen.

I must learn how to relax, create, write, perform and work my down-time in one balanced approach to leading my life. Otherwise, nothing will actually happen: and that is a guarantee.

I am so focused on "making it" that the stress to be:

financially successful, 

earn a living actually doing what I want to do, 

make big bucks so that I can own a cars newer than 10 years old, 

put my children through college, 

make my wife's travel and adventure dreams come true and 

not be paranoid about having the cash to fix the next household mishap.

is literally killing me. I have lost the pure joy and emotive benefits of being wildly imaginative, crazily, innovative and unbelievably creative. If I loose the soulful rocket fuel needed for making my dreams come true, I will live at the gates of Hell for the rest of my life. That fuel is refined by dreaming, believing and having balance to my life.

For this to work, I need to let go, have fun, allow it to happen and enjoy the ride. No matter where that ride takes me. No matter how roller coaster like the ride is with its ups, downs and sharp turns, I have to toss my arms in the air and yell and scream and have fun. No one has ever been successful without taking the leap, the plunge, the first step off of that ledge.

The whole summer is a gigantic paradox and chance to learn the most important life skill I can learn: dreaming, living the dream and allowing the dream to happen versus forcing things to happen. 

Post a Comment for "What If It Doesn't Work Out?"